JAPAN: Fast Retailing to open first multi-brand store
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has revealed it will open its first multi-brand department store in Tokyo next month.
The Uniqlo Marché Printemps Ginza will include five store-within-stores featuring the retailer's Uniqlo, G.U., PLST (plus T), Comptoir des Cotonniers and Princesse Tam Tam brands.
The 2,600 sq mt store, which will be the first outlet in Japan to sell the Princesse Tam Tam brand, will open in the Printemps Ginza Department Store on 2 November.
The company said customers will benefit from the convenience of having five brands under one roof.
Tadashi Yanai, chairman, president and CEO of Fast Retailing, said: "I hope that having five of our brands under one roof at this landmark location will offer busy professional women an exciting and convenient one-stop shopping destination."
Generally, 2013 is seen as being another challenging year for the apparel industry - although there is cautious optimism for an improved business environment. Issues such as compliance, sustainability...
Opportunities the apparel industry should focus on this year include developing strategic relationships to improve flexibility across the supply chain; a focus on adding value through design, innovati...
What should apparel firms have learnt from the upheaval of the past couple of years - and what should they be doing now if they want to remain competitive into the future? They need to remain nimble e...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Fast Retailing has attributed sales gains in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during March to consistently warm weather. ...
Casual clothing retailer Uniqlo has booked a 9.6% increase in Japanese same-store sales in February, driven by strong sales of winter apparel....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has remained coy on reports Japanese retail giant Fast Retailing has expressed interest in buying the company....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Burlington Stores, Destination XL
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory