JAPAN: Fast Retailing to open first multi-brand store
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has revealed it will open its first multi-brand department store in Tokyo next month.
The Uniqlo Marché Printemps Ginza will include five store-within-stores featuring the retailer's Uniqlo, G.U., PLST (plus T), Comptoir des Cotonniers and Princesse Tam Tam brands.
The 2,600 sq mt store, which will be the first outlet in Japan to sell the Princesse Tam Tam brand, will open in the Printemps Ginza Department Store on 2 November.
The company said customers will benefit from the convenience of having five brands under one roof.
Tadashi Yanai, chairman, president and CEO of Fast Retailing, said: "I hope that having five of our brands under one roof at this landmark location will offer busy professional women an exciting and convenient one-stop shopping destination."
Generally, 2013 is seen as being another challenging year for the apparel industry - although there is cautious optimism for an improved business environment. Issues such as compliance, sustainability...
Opportunities the apparel industry should focus on this year include developing strategic relationships to improve flexibility across the supply chain; a focus on adding value through design, innovati...
What should apparel firms have learnt from the upheaval of the past couple of years - and what should they be doing now if they want to remain competitive into the future? They need to remain nimble e...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Fast Retailing has attributed sales gains in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during March to consistently warm weather. ...
Casual clothing retailer Uniqlo has booked a 9.6% increase in Japanese same-store sales in February, driven by strong sales of winter apparel....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has remained coy on reports Japanese retail giant Fast Retailing has expressed interest in buying the company....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Under Armour makes lifestyle push with new brand
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Transparency index to expand to 100 brands
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020