JAPAN: Fast Retailing to open first multi-brand store
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has revealed it will open its first multi-brand department store in Tokyo next month.
The Uniqlo Marché Printemps Ginza will include five store-within-stores featuring the retailer's Uniqlo, G.U., PLST (plus T), Comptoir des Cotonniers and Princesse Tam Tam brands.
The 2,600 sq mt store, which will be the first outlet in Japan to sell the Princesse Tam Tam brand, will open in the Printemps Ginza Department Store on 2 November.
The company said customers will benefit from the convenience of having five brands under one roof.
Tadashi Yanai, chairman, president and CEO of Fast Retailing, said: "I hope that having five of our brands under one roof at this landmark location will offer busy professional women an exciting and convenient one-stop shopping destination."
Generally, 2013 is seen as being another challenging year for the apparel industry - although there is cautious optimism for an improved business environment. Issues such as compliance, sustainability...
Apparel Retail in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contai...
Opportunities the apparel industry should focus on this year include developing strategic relationships to improve flexibility across the supply chain; a focus on adding value through design, innovati...
Apparel Retail in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains desc...
What should apparel firms have learnt from the upheaval of the past couple of years - and what should they be doing now if they want to remain competitive into the future? They need to remain nimble e...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Fast Retailing has attributed sales gains in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during March to consistently warm weather. ...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre