JAPAN: Fast Retailing's Same-Store Sales Slide 24.3 Per Cent
The company said that slide was less steep than the 29.9 per cent fall suffered in August and added it would announce its full-year results on October 17.
Fast has downgraded its profit forecast twice this year but in August said it still plans to open 100 new Uniqlo stores that will take its total number of outlets to 640 by next August.
Earlier this year, the company said its founder and president, Tadashi Yanai, will step down as part of a management reshuffle but remain as chairman. Managing director Genichi Tamatsuka will take up the role of president next month.
Companies: Fast Retailing Co Ltd
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing is to buy French apparel firm Petit Vehicule, owner of the Princesse tam.tam brand and the second-largest lingerie chain in France....
Fast Retailing Co Ltd - which operates the Uniqlo casual clothing chain - has reported a 12.9 per cent sales rise to JPY383.97 billion for the year ended in August, falling short of its target revenue...
Casual clothing giant Fast Retailing Co has announced plans to spend between JPY300 billion and JPY400bn on mergers and acquisitions in the next three years....
Japanese company Fast Retailing Co says it will open its first three stores in South Korea on 2 September through joint venture FRL Korea Co....
Fast Retailing Co, operator of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain, has reported a 4.3 per cent drop in net profit for the nine-month period ended May 2005 due to slow sales and higher expenses....
Retail group Fast Retailing Co is likely to re-appoint Tadashi Yanai as president of the company from September 2005 at the earliest, Japanese News Digest reported....
Store chain giant Fast Retailing Co has announced a 13.7 per cent year-on-year same-store sales rise, on good sales of Body Tech inner sportswear and button-down shirts....
Casual clothing chain Uniqlo has revealed plans to expand into the US with three New Jersey stores this autumn....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report