USA: Fasturn Hosts Sourcing Panel at MAGIC
Experts from a variety of apparel arenas - manufacturers, retailers, financial analysts, technology providers, and risk managers - converged to discuss opportunities for manufacturers to find technology solutions that build margins and create supply chain efficiencies from design to delivery.
Panelists discussed and evaluated the range of solutions available within the apparel segment today, as well as integration techniques, based on their first-hand experiences.
Panelists included: Robert Drbul, vice president and analyst, textile, footwear and apparel for Lehman Brothers; Bernard Goor, vice president of i2 Technologies; Robert E. Gordon, vice president of eCRM for Avantrust; and Andy Kahn, chairman of Kahn Lucas Lancaster and president of the CMD division of the American Apparel and Footwear Association. The panel was moderated by Frank Litvack, chairman and CEO of Fasturn.
"The panel and audience agreed that the key to increasing margins and driving revenue is to improve business processes, however, it is difficult to sustain improvements using traditional business tools," Litvack told just-style.com.
"Companies who improve processes without technology will have to continually struggle to maintain the improvements. The combination of technology and best-case business practices sets a new performance baseline that can maintain a certain level of margin enhancement that can continue to be improved over time."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar