UK: Fat Face finance chief Cowing departs
Helen Cowing has left Fat Face “to pursue career opportunities elsewhere”
UK fashion retailer Fat Face has confirmed the departure of its chief financial officer, months after the company backtracked on plans for an initial public offering (IPO).
A spokesperson for Fat Face told just-style Helen Cowing has left the business "to pursue career opportunities elsewhere".
"We thank Helen for her contribution to the business, particularly during the IPO process which we were undertaking earlier in the year," the company said. "We have arranged an interim solution whilst we consider our options for a long-term replacement."
Will Crumbie, head of finance and reporting for Fat Face, has taken over on an interim basis.
The company announced plans to float in April but a month later said that, despite a strong level of interaction with an interest from institutional investors, it had decided to discontinue the plans.
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)