UK: Fat Face H1 earnings up 57% on sales surge
- H1 EBITDA up 57% to GBP19.6m
- Sales up 15% to GBP98.9m
- E-commerce sales rise 55%
Fashion retailer Fat Face recorded a 57% surge in first-half earnings – and said it had enjoyed record trading over the Christmas period.
The UK company highlighted a 15% sales increase in the six months to 30 November, a period during which it opened six stores and relocated four more to take its UK roster to 208.
Meanwhile, e-commerce sales were up 55% and now represent 14% of total revenues, Fat Face said.
The company maintained a full price stance in the run-up to Christmas, beginning its sale on Boxing Day, which it said was the biggest sales day in its history.
Sales for the five weeks to 4 January were up 5% against strong comparisons, with the week ending 28 December breaking records.
“Investment in our product, service and store environment continues to build trust in the Fatface brand and our reputation for offering quality, style and value for money,” said chief executive Anthony Thompson.
“Combined with the further expansion of our UK store portfolio and the rapid development of our multi-channel offer, this has led to another half-year of double-digit sales and profit growth.”
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies