US: Favourable comparisons boost Hot Topic Q3 profit
Fashion retailer Hot Topic Inc has reported a surge in third quarter profit, thanks to favourable comparisons with the year-ago period which included an impairment charge for the ShockHound music and merchandise business.
Net income in the three weeks to 29 October surged to $3.1m or $0.07 per share, from $0.4m or $0.01 per share the year before. Last year's results included an asset impairment charge of $3.0m.
Sales in the quarter fell 4.0% to $175.8m from $183.2m, while same-store sales at the Hot Topic and Torrid stores fell 1.6%.
After the turmoil of 2011, the biggest challenges facing the global apparel supply chain in 2012 continue to include rising costs, political and economic uncertainty in both consumer and sourcing mark...
US clothing retailer Hot Topic has appointed John Kyees to its board of directors and said he will serve as a member of its audit committee....
Retailer Hot Topic overturned last year's fourth quarter loss with a net profit of US$9m, despite a slight decrease in sales....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015