US: Favourable comparisons boost Hot Topic Q3 profit
Fashion retailer Hot Topic Inc has reported a surge in third quarter profit, thanks to favourable comparisons with the year-ago period which included an impairment charge for the ShockHound music and merchandise business.
Net income in the three weeks to 29 October surged to $3.1m or $0.07 per share, from $0.4m or $0.01 per share the year before. Last year's results included an asset impairment charge of $3.0m.
Sales in the quarter fell 4.0% to $175.8m from $183.2m, while same-store sales at the Hot Topic and Torrid stores fell 1.6%.
After the turmoil of 2011, the biggest challenges facing the global apparel supply chain in 2012 continue to include rising costs, political and economic uncertainty in both consumer and sourcing mark...
US clothing retailer Hot Topic has appointed John Kyees to its board of directors and said he will serve as a member of its audit committee....
Retailer Hot Topic overturned last year's fourth quarter loss with a net profit of US$9m, despite a slight decrease in sales....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report