US: Favourable comparisons boost Hot Topic Q3 profit
Fashion retailer Hot Topic Inc has reported a surge in third quarter profit, thanks to favourable comparisons with the year-ago period which included an impairment charge for the ShockHound music and merchandise business.
Net income in the three weeks to 29 October surged to $3.1m or $0.07 per share, from $0.4m or $0.01 per share the year before. Last year's results included an asset impairment charge of $3.0m.
Sales in the quarter fell 4.0% to $175.8m from $183.2m, while same-store sales at the Hot Topic and Torrid stores fell 1.6%.
After the turmoil of 2011, the biggest challenges facing the global apparel supply chain in 2012 continue to include rising costs, political and economic uncertainty in both consumer and sourcing mark...
US clothing retailer Hot Topic has appointed John Kyees to its board of directors and said he will serve as a member of its audit committee....
Retailer Hot Topic overturned last year's fourth quarter loss with a net profit of US$9m, despite a slight decrease in sales....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020