USA: Federal Jeans To Invest $20.5m In NYC Facilities
The Brooklyn-based company said the facilities, to be completed by 2006, would create about 200 local jobs.
The company is already scheduled to develop a 156,000-square foot site in Throgs Neck, The Bronx, and is working with the city to acquire a 270,00-square-foot plot in Far Rockaway, Queens.
According to president Yoram Moussaieff, Federal Jeans decided to stay in New York after being approached to develop facilities in Virginia and Louisiana.
"We found it to be too costly to be far way from where the action is," Moussaieff said in reference to the city's fashion industry status.
The expansion will create an additional 150 jobs during its construction phase, he added.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"