USA: Federated And AOL In Multi-Million Internet Deal
Federated Department Stores, parent of Macy's and Bloomingdale's department stores, and America Online, the interactive services company, announced last week that they have significantly expanded their e-commerce relationship, giving Federated's e-commerce brands wider placement across several categories of the Shop@AOL online shopping destinations.Macy's and Bloomingdale's, which are among the world's best known department stores, also comprise Federated's primary e-commerce national brand extensions - macys.com and bloomingdales.com. This agreement represents an expansion of the existing relationship between AOL and Federated, initiated in October 1998.Under this multi-million dollar agreement, Macy's and Bloomingdale's will have anchor tenancies in several Shop@AOL categories. This will give visitors access to Macy's and Bloomingdale's broad selection of apparel, housewares, jewellery and cosmetics.Dawn Robertson, president of Federated Direct, the company's direct-to-consumer division, said: "AOL continues to be an effective channel for us to reach more and more online shoppers. We believe this deal will be a major driver of business to our sites."Myer Berlow, president of AOL interactive marketing, said: "Macy'sand Bloomingdale's are two of the best known consumer retail brands in the market and we couldn't be more pleased that they have chosen to expand their relationship with AOL. By increasing their presence with us, Federated has indicated that AOL continues to deliver for them and that together, we can deliver for consumers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar