USA: Federated And AOL In Multi-Million Internet Deal
Macy's and Bloomingdale's, which are among the world's best known department stores, also comprise Federated's primary e-commerce national brand extensions - macys.com and bloomingdales.com. This agreement represents an expansion of the existing relationship between AOL and Federated, initiated in October 1998.
Under this multi-million dollar agreement, Macy's and Bloomingdale's will have anchor tenancies in several Shop@AOL categories. This will give visitors access to Macy's and Bloomingdale's broad selection of apparel, housewares, jewellery and cosmetics.
Dawn Robertson, president of Federated Direct, the company's direct-to-consumer division, said: "AOL continues to be an effective channel for us to reach more and more online shoppers. We believe this deal will be a major driver of business to our sites."
Myer Berlow, president of AOL interactive marketing, said: "Macy's
and Bloomingdale's are two of the best known consumer retail brands in the market and we couldn't be more pleased that they have chosen to expand their relationship with AOL. By increasing their presence with us, Federated has indicated that AOL continues to deliver for them and that together, we can deliver for consumers."
About America Online
Founded in 1985, America Online is a leader in interactive services, web brands, Internet technologies and e-commerce services.
About Federated Department Stores
Federated is one of the US's leading department store retailers, with annual sales of more than $17.7bn. Federated currently operates more than 400 department stores in 33 states under the names of Bloomingdale's, The Bon Marche, Burdines, Goldsmith's, Lazarus, Macy's, Rich's and Stern's. Federated also operates the Fingerhut, Bloomingdale's By Mail, Macy's By Mail, macys.com and bloomingdales.com direct-to-consumer catalog and electronic commerce subsidiaries.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020