USA: Federated Announces New Rich's Store
Federated Department Stores, Inc. today announced that its board of directors has approved construction of a new Rich's store at the Mall at Stonecrest, east of Atlanta. The new Rich's store will be a two-level, full-line department store, excluding furniture, of 160,000 square feet. Construction is scheduled to begin in August 2000 with a store opening planned for fall 2001. "We have served our Atlanta customers for more than 133 years and are committed to providing quality merchandise, personal service and a exciting shopping experience," said Arnold Orlick, chairman and ceo of Rich's/Lazarus/Goldsmith's (RLG). "We look forward to continuing to serve the expanding Atlanta market with our newest store at Stonecrest." Federated's RLG division is headquartered in Atlanta and currently operates 74 stores throughout the central and southeastern U.S., including 23 Rich's stores in Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. The division's 1999 annual sales totaled nearly $2.2 billion. Federated, with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the nation's leading department store retailers with annual sales of more than $17.3 billion. Federated currently operates more than 400 department stores in 33 states under the names of Bloomingdale's, The Bon Marche, Burdines, Goldsmith's, Lazarus, Macy's, Rich's and Stern's. Federated also operates the Fingerhut, Bloomingdale's By Mail, Macy's By Mail and Macys.Com direct-to-consumer catalog and electronic commerce subsidiaries.(NOTE: Information on Federated and its operating divisions is available on the Internet at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective