USA: Federated Announces New Rich's Store
Federated Department Stores, Inc. today announced that its board of directors has approved construction of a new Rich's store at the Mall at Stonecrest, east of Atlanta. The new Rich's store will be a two-level, full-line department store, excluding furniture, of 160,000 square feet. Construction is scheduled to begin in August 2000 with a store opening planned for fall 2001. "We have served our Atlanta customers for more than 133 years and are committed to providing quality merchandise, personal service and a exciting shopping experience," said Arnold Orlick, chairman and ceo of Rich's/Lazarus/Goldsmith's (RLG). "We look forward to continuing to serve the expanding Atlanta market with our newest store at Stonecrest." Federated's RLG division is headquartered in Atlanta and currently operates 74 stores throughout the central and southeastern U.S., including 23 Rich's stores in Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. The division's 1999 annual sales totaled nearly $2.2 billion. Federated, with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the nation's leading department store retailers with annual sales of more than $17.3 billion. Federated currently operates more than 400 department stores in 33 states under the names of Bloomingdale's, The Bon Marche, Burdines, Goldsmith's, Lazarus, Macy's, Rich's and Stern's. Federated also operates the Fingerhut, Bloomingdale's By Mail, Macy's By Mail and Macys.Com direct-to-consumer catalog and electronic commerce subsidiaries.(NOTE: Information on Federated and its operating divisions is available on the Internet at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022