USA: Federated Closes Deal On Purchase Of Liberty House
Federated Department Stores, announced yesterday that it has completed its acquisition of Liberty House, Hawaii's largest retailer. The total purchase price, including the assumption of debt and net of cash acquired, was approximately $200m. Liberty House's 11 department stores and seven specialty stores in Hawaii, and one department store on Guam, are now part of Federated's San Francisco-based Macy's West department store division. With the new stores, Macy's West now operates 136 department and specialty stores. Annual sales for Macy's West in 2000 were $4.26bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective