USA: Federated Completes May Company Merger
Federated Department Stores Inc says that it has completed its previously announced merger with The May Department Stores Company.
A spokesperson for Federated said that it would be meeting with May in order to learn more about the business to make the best possible long-term decisions.
Federated, which expects to operate all May Company stores under their existing nameplates until at least the end of 2005, reiterated its pledge to May associates that it will make no workforce reductions or job eliminations as a result of the merger.
The company added that it has identified an additional seven duplicate stores in California, New York and Massachusetts that it intends to divest in 2006.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report