USA: Federated Enjoys Strong Start To 2002
Retail giant Federated Department Stores Inc on Wednesday posted first quarter earnings above expectations with diluted earnings per share of 43 cents - well above its original guidance of 25-30 cents a share for the quarter. The Cincinnati-based company said operating income for the period was $221 million, or 6.4 per cent of sales, versus operating income of $178m, or five per cent of sales, in 2001, including restructuring charges of $223m, or 6.3 per cent of sales excluding those charges.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores