USA: Federated's Like-For-Like Sales Up 1.6 Per Cent in July
Federated Department Stores, Inc (NYSE:FD)(PCX:FD) today reported total sales of $1.160bn for the four weeks ended July 29, 2000, an increase of 1.5 per cent from total sales of $1.143bn for the same period last year. On a comp-store basis, Federated's July sales increased 1.6 per cent.For the 13-week second quarter of 2000, Federated's sales totalled $4.064bn, an increase of 1.4 per cent over total sales of $4.006bn for the same period last year. On a comp-store basis, sales in the quarter were up 1.9 per cent.For the first 26 weeks of 2000, Federated's sales totalled $8.096bn, an increase of 6.4 per cent over total sales of $7.606bn for the same period last year. On a comp-store basis, Federated's year-to-date sales are up 2.4 per cent.Federated, with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the US's leading department store retailers, with annual sales of more than $17.7 billion. Federated currently operates more than 400 department stores in 33 states under the names of Bloomingdale's, The Bon Marche, Burdines, Goldsmith's, Lazarus, Macy's, Rich's and Stern's. Federated also operates the Fingerhut, Bloomingdale's By Mail, Macy's By Mail, macys.com and bloomingdales.com direct-to-consumer catalog and electronic commerce subsidiaries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective