USA: Federated's Like-For-Like Sales Up 1.6 Per Cent in July
Federated Department Stores, Inc (NYSE:FD)(PCX:FD) today reported total sales of $1.160bn for the four weeks ended July 29, 2000, an increase of 1.5 per cent from total sales of $1.143bn for the same period last year. On a comp-store basis, Federated's July sales increased 1.6 per cent.For the 13-week second quarter of 2000, Federated's sales totalled $4.064bn, an increase of 1.4 per cent over total sales of $4.006bn for the same period last year. On a comp-store basis, sales in the quarter were up 1.9 per cent.For the first 26 weeks of 2000, Federated's sales totalled $8.096bn, an increase of 6.4 per cent over total sales of $7.606bn for the same period last year. On a comp-store basis, Federated's year-to-date sales are up 2.4 per cent.Federated, with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the US's leading department store retailers, with annual sales of more than $17.7 billion. Federated currently operates more than 400 department stores in 33 states under the names of Bloomingdale's, The Bon Marche, Burdines, Goldsmith's, Lazarus, Macy's, Rich's and Stern's. Federated also operates the Fingerhut, Bloomingdale's By Mail, Macy's By Mail, macys.com and bloomingdales.com direct-to-consumer catalog and electronic commerce subsidiaries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022