USA: Federated's Like-For-Like Sales Up 1.6 Per Cent in July
Federated Department Stores, Inc (NYSE:FD)(PCX:FD) today reported total sales of $1.160bn for the four weeks ended July 29, 2000, an increase of 1.5 per cent from total sales of $1.143bn for the same period last year. On a comp-store basis, Federated's July sales increased 1.6 per cent.For the 13-week second quarter of 2000, Federated's sales totalled $4.064bn, an increase of 1.4 per cent over total sales of $4.006bn for the same period last year. On a comp-store basis, sales in the quarter were up 1.9 per cent.For the first 26 weeks of 2000, Federated's sales totalled $8.096bn, an increase of 6.4 per cent over total sales of $7.606bn for the same period last year. On a comp-store basis, Federated's year-to-date sales are up 2.4 per cent.Federated, with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the US's leading department store retailers, with annual sales of more than $17.7 billion. Federated currently operates more than 400 department stores in 33 states under the names of Bloomingdale's, The Bon Marche, Burdines, Goldsmith's, Lazarus, Macy's, Rich's and Stern's. Federated also operates the Fingerhut, Bloomingdale's By Mail, Macy's By Mail, macys.com and bloomingdales.com direct-to-consumer catalog and electronic commerce subsidiaries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack