USA: Federated's Like-For-Like Sales Up 1.6 Per Cent in July
Federated Department Stores, Inc (NYSE:FD)(PCX:FD) today reported total sales of $1.160bn for the four weeks ended July 29, 2000, an increase of 1.5 per cent from total sales of $1.143bn for the same period last year. On a comp-store basis, Federated's July sales increased 1.6 per cent.For the 13-week second quarter of 2000, Federated's sales totalled $4.064bn, an increase of 1.4 per cent over total sales of $4.006bn for the same period last year. On a comp-store basis, sales in the quarter were up 1.9 per cent.For the first 26 weeks of 2000, Federated's sales totalled $8.096bn, an increase of 6.4 per cent over total sales of $7.606bn for the same period last year. On a comp-store basis, Federated's year-to-date sales are up 2.4 per cent.Federated, with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the US's leading department store retailers, with annual sales of more than $17.7 billion. Federated currently operates more than 400 department stores in 33 states under the names of Bloomingdale's, The Bon Marche, Burdines, Goldsmith's, Lazarus, Macy's, Rich's and Stern's. Federated also operates the Fingerhut, Bloomingdale's By Mail, Macy's By Mail, macys.com and bloomingdales.com direct-to-consumer catalog and electronic commerce subsidiaries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022