INDIA: Fedex Tests Specialised Service On Indian Exporters
Express cargo giant, Federal Express Corporation, has launched a specialised service for Indian garment exporters and said the company may introduce additional aircraft in a bid to further enhance its presence in the country. "The international fashion industry is looking at India as a sourcing base. We anticipate increased growth in business between Indian garment exporters and the international fashion markets over the next few years. That is why we are keen on assisting customers in this segment," Federal Express, managing director, Indian Sub-continent, Jacques Creeten said. "We chose India as the first country in the world to test market the service, as it has a huge textile industry which is also the largest foreign exchange earner," Creeten he added. The new service would be powered by documentation software developed by Bangalore-based BFL Software, which would allow exporters to prepare their customs paperwork electronically, he added.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack