INDIA: Fedex Tests Specialised Service On Indian Exporters
Express cargo giant, Federal Express Corporation, has launched a specialised service for Indian garment exporters and said the company may introduce additional aircraft in a bid to further enhance its presence in the country. "The international fashion industry is looking at India as a sourcing base. We anticipate increased growth in business between Indian garment exporters and the international fashion markets over the next few years. That is why we are keen on assisting customers in this segment," Federal Express, managing director, Indian Sub-continent, Jacques Creeten said. "We chose India as the first country in the world to test market the service, as it has a huge textile industry which is also the largest foreign exchange earner," Creeten he added. The new service would be powered by documentation software developed by Bangalore-based BFL Software, which would allow exporters to prepare their customs paperwork electronically, he added.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing