INDIA: Fedex Tests Specialised Service On Indian Exporters
Express cargo giant, Federal Express Corporation, has launched a specialised service for Indian garment exporters and said the company may introduce additional aircraft in a bid to further enhance its presence in the country. "The international fashion industry is looking at India as a sourcing base. We anticipate increased growth in business between Indian garment exporters and the international fashion markets over the next few years. That is why we are keen on assisting customers in this segment," Federal Express, managing director, Indian Sub-continent, Jacques Creeten said. "We chose India as the first country in the world to test market the service, as it has a huge textile industry which is also the largest foreign exchange earner," Creeten he added. The new service would be powered by documentation software developed by Bangalore-based BFL Software, which would allow exporters to prepare their customs paperwork electronically, he added.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020