INDIA: Fedex Tests Specialised Service On Indian Exporters
Express cargo giant, Federal Express Corporation, has launched a specialised service for Indian garment exporters and said the company may introduce additional aircraft in a bid to further enhance its presence in the country. "The international fashion industry is looking at India as a sourcing base. We anticipate increased growth in business between Indian garment exporters and the international fashion markets over the next few years. That is why we are keen on assisting customers in this segment," Federal Express, managing director, Indian Sub-continent, Jacques Creeten said. "We chose India as the first country in the world to test market the service, as it has a huge textile industry which is also the largest foreign exchange earner," Creeten he added. The new service would be powered by documentation software developed by Bangalore-based BFL Software, which would allow exporters to prepare their customs paperwork electronically, he added.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022