UK: Fenn Wright Mason sold to Maxine Hargreaves-Adams
The administrators of Fenn Wright Mason have sold the business to Maxine Hargreaves-Adams, the daughter of Matalan founder John Hargreaves.
Administrators Zolfo Cooper announced today (29 March) that Hargreaves-Adams will take control of Fenn Wright Mason's online, wholesale and retail business, including eight of the retailer's 17 standalone stores and the John Lewis and Brown Thomas concessions, with immediate effect.
"We are extremely pleased to have secured the sale of Fenn Wright Mason to Maxine Hargreaves-Adams, preserving a well known UK retail brand and securing approximately 130 jobs. We wish Maxine and the company's employees all the best for what we believe will be a successful future for the business," said Zolfo Cooper partner Peter Holder.
The company entered administration at the beginning of March, after struggling with cash flow problems amid the challenging retail environment.
When the firm entered administration, it operated 17 standalone stores and 62 concessions, employing 295 retail staff, and 53 at its Southwark headquarters.
Department store and supermarket operator John Lewis Partnership Plc has seen its first-half pre-tax profits soar by nearly 60%, as revenues rose on the back of events such as the diamond jubilee and ...
John Lewis has teamed up with British designer Alice Temperely to launch an exclusive clothing and accessories collection....
Department store retailer John Lewis today (3 August) described a 12.9% rise in first-half sales as "hugely encouraging". ...
Designer department store chain Lane Crawford has announced two newly-created senior management appointments to drive the company's omni-channel growth strategy....
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Hanesbrands sourcing to cut Pacific Brands costs
- Why China makers are moving out or moving online
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Li & Fung divests Asia distribution business
- US looks to boost trade with Sri Lanka
- US Q1 in brief: Wolverine Worldwide, Weyco
- Vietnam textile sector calls for strategy update
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard