USA: Fenway Partners Acquires Riddell Sports Group
Riddell is the US' largest football helmet maker and also produces shoulder pads, related protective wear, apparel and accessories.
It posted sales of $100m last year and has licensing agreements with third parties to make and sell products under the Riddell and MacGregor brand names.
"Riddell is a company with multiple strengths, including brand recognition, market leadership, a direct sales force with longstanding institutional relationships, product innovation, and earnings stability which provide an outstanding foundation to grow the business," said Fenway chairman and CEO, Peter Lamm, in a news release.
"The management team, led by Bill Sherman, has been instrumental in guiding Riddell's success and we look forward to supporting their ongoing efforts to broaden the company's markets, expand to new sports categories, and pursue selective acquisitions."
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack