BELGIUM: FESI Denies "Kangaroo Slaughter" Claims
The Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry (FESI) has dismissed claims any of its 1,800 members are encouraging the illegal slaughter of hundreds of kangaroos for their leather. In a statement, FESI said its members are "committed to safe and humane animal welfare standards" and insist soccer boot producers respect the rigorous rules and regulations of the Australian government for the humane treatment of animals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"