Fewer US consumers to shop this Cyber Monday
Some 126.9m US consumers plan to shop online today
Fewer US consumers are set to shop online this Cyber Monday, with many waiting to see what promotions retailers have planned before deciding to spend.
According to the National Retail Federation's (NRF) Cyber Monday Expectations Survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics, 126.9m consumers plan to shop online today (1 December), down slightly from the 131.6m who planned to participate last year.
Some 24.5m (19.3%) intend to use their mobile device, and eight in 10 (84.5%) will use their home computers to shop online. In terms of when they will shop, 40.8% of consumers will be up early, while others will shop during their lunch hour (18.4%) or early afternoon (32.5%).
"For today's shopper, every day is ‘Cyber Monday,' and consumers want and expect great deals, especially online, throughout the entire holiday season - and they know retailers will deliver," said NRF president and CEO Matthew Shay.
"Retailers will still offer unique deals exclusive to Cyber Monday, but consumers also know shopping on Cyber Monday won't be their last chance to find low prices and exclusive promotions."
While Prosper's principal analyst Pam Goodfellow said: "Shoppers have been taking advantage of discounts throughout the entire holiday weekend and will still look for ways to capitalise on Cyber Monday as well.
"The convenience of shopping online and finding great prices and shipping promotions every day has changed how shoppers will approach their holiday shopping lists this year, but it's safe to say millions will still expect some of the season's best deals on Cyber Monday."
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020