PHILIPPINES: F&F opens first three stores
Tesco-owned clothing brand F&F has opened its first three stores in the Philippines, as part of ongoing overseas expansion plans.
The first store opened in the Limketkai Centre, Cagayan de Oro City, on the island of Mindanao, at the end of January. Two more have since opened in General Santos City, including a children's-only store.
The move comes after F&F agreed a franchise partnership with local retail group, Stores Specialist (SSI). F&F and SSI plan to open ten stores across the Philippines this year, with the first stores in Manila set to open in the spring.
Commenting on the move, F&F chief executive Jason Tarry said the Philippines is an "exciting market with huge growth potential".
F&F now operates franchise stores in nine countries, with 39 franchise stores in all.
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Global technology and innovation executive Mike McNamara has left Tesco to join retail giant Target Corp as chief information officer....
Thousands of workers at UK retail giant Tesco should not be made to pay because of boardroom failure, a leading union has warned....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras