US: Fifth & Pacific ends distribution deal with Li & Fung
Apparel firm Fifth & Pacific has moved its distribution operations to a company-owned facility in Ohio after its agreement with global sourcing giant Li & Fung expired last month.
Fifth & Pacific has entered into a contract with a third-party distribution centre and operations management firm to provide its services at the Ohio plant, the company said in an SEC filing on Friday (8 February).
The third-party distribution firm intends to employ the retailer's prior employees at the Ohio site. Fifth & Pacific, which owns the Kate Spade, Lucky and Juicy Couture brands, said the incremental costs related to the arrangement are included in its recently announced financial outlook for 2013.
Last month, the company admitted Superstorm Sandy and disappointing Juicy Couture sales hit its fourth-quarter performance - but said it expects full-year EBITDA to reach the low end of its guidance.
US clothing company Fifth & Pacific has admitted its second quarter results were weaker than expected as sales growth slipped at its denim label Lucky Brand....
The Indian apparel industry has made progress with backward integration over the last five years, but needs to reorganise to play to its strengths, a conference was told last week. And if India does i...
Fifth & Pacific Companies remains "on track" to hit its fiscal 2013 targets despite recording another large loss in the second quarter of the year, according to its CEO....
Retailers involved in the recent Bangladesh apparel factory tragedies are being called on to attend meetings to discuss compensation for victims. ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015