US: Fifth & Pacific happy with trends as profit climbs
- Q4 earnings reach US$185.2m
- Net sales up 22%
- Kate Spade sales jump 48%
Sales of Fifth & Pacific's Kate Spade division jumped 48%
Apparel giant Fifth & Pacific Companies has said it is happy with the business trends in its first-quarter as it booked an increase in end of year earnings.
The performance of its core Kate Spade brand, which accounts for around 60% of group sales, drove earnings for Fifth & Pacific in the quarter ended 28 December. Net profit climbed to US$185.2m from $57m a year earlier.
The company, which will be known as Kate Spade & Co from tomorrow (25 February), recorded a net sales increase of 22% to $426.9m.
Revenues of its Kate Spade division jumped 48% to $256m in the quarter, while same-store sales were up 30%.
"Even with all of the bad weather, I'm happy with the business trends in the first quarter-to-date, which are consistent overall with our expectations," said CEO Craig Leavitt, who takes over from the outgoing William McComb today.
The company re-affirmed its previously guided range of $115m to $125m for full-year adjusted EBITDA.
Authentic Brands Group is looking to accelerate the growth of its Juicy Couture brand in Asia as part of a long-term franchise partnership with ImagineX Group....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
Juicy Couture owner Authentic Brands Group is to shutter all of the apparel brand's US stores as it plans an overhaul of the business....
US apparel giant Kate Spade & Company has returned to profit during the first quarter, driven by strong sales growth at its namesake brand....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies