US: Fifth Sun Apparel chooses AX ERP tool
Private label clothing supplier Gonzales Enterprises, which trades as Fifth Sun Apparel, has selected the Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP solution to manage its supply chain and allow for continued expansion.
It expects the new tool to help streamline reporting and provide the relevant information necessary to make business decisions.
"AX provides for greater visibility and management though the work flow functionality. Furthermore the user interface is in a very familiar format," adds BJ LaRossa, executive vice president of Fifth Sun.
The solution, which is being implemented by Sunrise Technologies, manages the complexity of style, colour, size, and configuration of an apparel item. It also offers a financial analysis of internal and external projects, and real-time visibility into inventory status.
US brands and retailers were baling out of Bangladesh even before the fire at the Tazreen Fashion factory killed more than 110 people at the end of last month. And given the subsequent criticism aimed...
A group of US lawmakers is calling on President Barack Obama to take action in the wake of the recent fire in Bangladesh to ensure that clothing imported into the US - particularly products for the mi...
The most read stories on just-style this week include clothing and children's footwear boosting UK retail sales in November, a look at where the Tazreen fire leaves Bangladesh, and Reebok announcing i...
The garment factory in Bangladesh where a fire at the weekend killed at least 111 people and injured another 100 had been making clothing for Wal-Mart without its knowledge, the world's largest retail...
A record 247m shoppers visited US stores and websites over Black Friday weekend, up from 226m last year, according to the National Retail Federation (NRF). ...
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Apparel buyers miss out on commodity cost savings
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- Earthquake damage at Bangladesh garment factories
- Ascena Retail to buy Ann Taylor owner for $2bn
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- China and India to exploit trade relationship