ITALY: Fila-1 Announces Improved Earnings
Fila Holding S.p.A. today reported its unaudited results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2000. Third quarter net income was $2.4m, or $0.09 per ADS, compared with a net income of $0.2m, or $0.01 per ADS in the third quarter of 1999. The Italian lira depreciated by 16 per cent against the US dollar on a quarterly average basis. In Italian lire, worldwide revenues for the third quarter were Lit.588.8bn, up nine per cent from Lit539.7bn in the corresponding period of 1999. Net income for the quarter was Lit5.1bn compared with net income of Lit0.5bn in the third quarter of 1999. Michele Scannavini, CEO of Fila, said: "The quarter confirms our progress in revenues and operating margin, the highest in three years. Particularly encouraging is the progress in the US, where the Fila brand is enjoying a double digit increase in its order portfolio for next six months. Asia Pacific markets are also growing at a very fast pace - more than 45 per cent - representing now around 18 per cent of the total Fila business and confirming their strategic role in the future growth of our company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022