ITALY: Fila-1 Announces Improved Earnings
Fila Holding S.p.A. today reported its unaudited results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2000. Third quarter net income was $2.4m, or $0.09 per ADS, compared with a net income of $0.2m, or $0.01 per ADS in the third quarter of 1999. The Italian lira depreciated by 16 per cent against the US dollar on a quarterly average basis. In Italian lire, worldwide revenues for the third quarter were Lit.588.8bn, up nine per cent from Lit539.7bn in the corresponding period of 1999. Net income for the quarter was Lit5.1bn compared with net income of Lit0.5bn in the third quarter of 1999. Michele Scannavini, CEO of Fila, said: "The quarter confirms our progress in revenues and operating margin, the highest in three years. Particularly encouraging is the progress in the US, where the Fila brand is enjoying a double digit increase in its order portfolio for next six months. Asia Pacific markets are also growing at a very fast pace - more than 45 per cent - representing now around 18 per cent of the total Fila business and confirming their strategic role in the future growth of our company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report