ITALY: Fila-1 Announces Improved Earnings
Fila Holding S.p.A. today reported its unaudited results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2000. Third quarter net income was $2.4m, or $0.09 per ADS, compared with a net income of $0.2m, or $0.01 per ADS in the third quarter of 1999. The Italian lira depreciated by 16 per cent against the US dollar on a quarterly average basis. In Italian lire, worldwide revenues for the third quarter were Lit.588.8bn, up nine per cent from Lit539.7bn in the corresponding period of 1999. Net income for the quarter was Lit5.1bn compared with net income of Lit0.5bn in the third quarter of 1999. Michele Scannavini, CEO of Fila, said: "The quarter confirms our progress in revenues and operating margin, the highest in three years. Particularly encouraging is the progress in the US, where the Fila brand is enjoying a double digit increase in its order portfolio for next six months. Asia Pacific markets are also growing at a very fast pace - more than 45 per cent - representing now around 18 per cent of the total Fila business and confirming their strategic role in the future growth of our company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective