USA: Fila Extends Tennis Reach With US Open Sponsorship Extension
Fila USA announced today that is has renewed its agreement as official footwear and tennis apparel sponsor of the 2000 US Open Tennis Championships that will be held on August 28 - September 10 in Flushing Meadows, New York. The two-year agreement extends Fila's sponsorship and licensing relationship with the US Open through 2001. Coupled with its exclusive three-year sponsorship and licensing agreement with the Tennis Masters Series, Fila will now have a significant presence and strong visibility at 11 of the world's top 14 tennis events. As official footwear and tennis apparel sponsor of the US Open, Fila will design and manufacture uniforms for all of the tournament's ball persons, linesmen, umpires and staff. Fila's sponsorship allows the company to sell official US Open replica uniform and event souvenir merchandise on and off site. The agreement also gives Fila the rights to develop, market and sell a US Open licensed performance tennis footwear and apparel collection in various distribution channels worldwide. Fila's US Open licensed collection will debut in Fall 2001 and will be worn on court by the company's sponsored athletes including Mark Philippoussis, Jennifer Capriati and Jelena Dokic. "We are excited to continue Fila's affiliation with the tradition and prestige of the US Open," said Jon Epstein, president and CEO of Fila USA. "We are even more enthusiastic about taking the relationship to another level with the development of a US Open licensed collection to further exploit our association.""The USTA is very pleased that Fila will continue as an official sponsor of the US Open", said Pierce O'Neil, VP/Sales & Marketing for the USTA. "The brand's rich heritage in tennis and its reputation for outstanding quality and style makes it the perfect partner for the Open."Fila/U.S. Open product will also be available on Fila's e-commerce site,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022