USA: Fila Holding SpA Acquires Complete Control Of Fila UK
Fila Holding SpA (NYSE:FLH) announced today that it has acquired the 40 per cent equity stake in Fila UK Limited (Fila UK) from Blacks Leisure Group for £12 million. Fila UK is now a wholly-owned subsidiary. Fila UK, which had a £60 million turnover in 1999, is the subsidiary which, within the group, recorded the highest growth rate during the previous years (over 30 per cent compounded annual growth rate in the past four years) and an average operating profit above 15 per cent. The acquisition represents a further strengthening of Fila's position and future growth in the UK as well as the possibility to add the UK market to the group's supply chain global structure allowing for additional synergies. Michele Scannavini, chief executive officer of Fila, said: "This transaction opens new business opportunities for Fila in the most important European market for our sector, where Fila already holds a 5 per cent market share - although its potential has not been fully expressed yet. The group's re-launch, after the `restructuring phase' is now focused on the `investment phase' of which this acquisition represents the first expressive step." Fila Holding SpA, headquartered in Biella (Italy), is a designer and marketer of footwear and apparel for sport and leisure. Fila has created strong brand recognition by marketing products with a high design and style content and by securing professional athletic endorsements.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack