US: Fila invests in PLM tool to support development
Sports apparel maker Fila USA, a subsidiary of Fila Korea Ltd, has implemented a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool to manage its footwear development process.
The company said YuniquePLM from Gerber Technology's Yunique Solutions business unit will enable Fila to increase collaboration between its affiliated sourcing centres in Asia, and its operations in Maryland and New York.
"Fila USA has experienced significant growth in the past few years and realised that, to manage such growth, a robust PLM system was critical," said Sandy Hamilton, director of information technology at Fila.
"The athletic shoe market moves fast and it is absolutely crucial that we have an integrated solution that enables designers and developers to collaborate and communicate easily with their supply chain."
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems provide increasingly sophisticated tools for getting the right products to market at the right time - with current trends including more integration with ERP...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of 'product lifecycle management' (PLM) and 'enterprise resource planning' (ERP) systems....
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how clothing is likely to remain a focus for Tesco despite its upcoming CEO change, a snapshot of Myanmar's textile and apparel industry...
PTC is to acquire privately-held Axeda Corp for US$170m in a move that will help the software solution provider expand its Internet of Things (IoT) portfolio....
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report