US: Fila invests in PLM tool to support development
Sports apparel maker Fila USA, a subsidiary of Fila Korea Ltd, has implemented a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool to manage its footwear development process.
The company said YuniquePLM from Gerber Technology's Yunique Solutions business unit will enable Fila to increase collaboration between its affiliated sourcing centres in Asia, and its operations in Maryland and New York.
"Fila USA has experienced significant growth in the past few years and realised that, to manage such growth, a robust PLM system was critical," said Sandy Hamilton, director of information technology at Fila.
"The athletic shoe market moves fast and it is absolutely crucial that we have an integrated solution that enables designers and developers to collaborate and communicate easily with their supply chain."
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies....
Canadean's "Deichmann SE: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket