US: Fila names new VP of footwear and apparel sales
Fila USA has named athletic footwear and apparel industry veteran Bruce Fendell as its new vice president of sales.
Fendell joins Fila after spending the past four years as SVP of sales for the on-field division of Reebok International. Prior to his time at Reebok, he spent more than 17 years in senior level sales and product merchandising roles with Adidas, Pony and Apex One.
The company said that Fendell would focus on rebuilding Fila's footwear and apparel distribution in athletic specialty and sporting goods trade channels as well as in golf and tennis specialty accounts.
Fila USA president Jon Epstein said: "There is no one in this industry who is better qualified or more capable to fill this role than Bruce Fendell. We are very excited to have him as a member of our team and we look forward to the impact his efforts will have on our brand."
Fendell will also become a member of the new management team brought in by Fila Korea and its holding company Global Leading Brands House (GLBH), after its purchase of the company in March.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Nike has high hopes for Umbro. The world's leading sports brand targets football as a key growth category, and its US$582m bid for Umbro will undoubtedly shake up the sportswear sector. Joe Ayling loo...
Adidas and the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) have announced the extension of their sponsorship deal for the national team until the end of 2014....
Kohl's Corporation and Fila Luxembourg Sarl have announced a multi-year licensing agreement naming Kohl's as the exclusive US retailer of the Fila Sport collection....
Vintage sportswear specialist Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Company has been bought by The Sports Licensed Division (SLD), part of the Adidas Group, for an undisclosed sum....
Adidas AG has appointed Dr Hans Friderichs as chairman of its supervisory board with immediate effect, replacing Henri Filho who has resigned for personal reasons....
Australian Wool Innovation (AWI) has agreed a range of new projects with mills and garment makers in Vietnam to develop new fabrics and active sportswear using its Merino wool....
Sporting goods behemoth Adidas Group has posted a 22% increase in net income for the third quarter to EUR298m (US$437m), attributed to higher operating profit and lower net financial expenses, includi...
Reebok International has appointed Matt O'Toole as president of Reebok North America, the brand's largest business unit....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts