ITALY: Fila names Stefano di Martino as chief product officer
Sports brand Fila has appointed Stefano di Martino to the role of chief product and marketing officer, effective immediately.
di Martino most recently served as the company's managing director for the EMEA region.
Steve Wynne, CEO of Sport Brands International and Fila, said: "We have worked to build on our Italian heritage to make it synonymous with design and quality craftsmanship.
"This renewed dedication to our true identity is the core of all future platforms. Over the past year, Stefano di Martino has played a critical role in driving that vision in the European region where our brand platform must not only resonate, but actually originate.
Now we have entrusted him with the global charge to continue to escalate our growth in an "extremely competitive marketplace."
di Martino will continue to be based in Milan, Italy where Fila's regional headquarters are located. He will also continue in his current leadership role in the EMEA region.
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020