USA: Fila Names Westerman VP Global Marketing
Westerman, a 10-year veteran of the Sport Brands International (SBI) subsidiary, had been serving as the brand's vice-president of marketing communication.
In his new role, Westerman will take responsibility for developing global communications initiatives and will oversee global advertising, entertainment marketing, public relations, website and key account marketing.
He will also play a key role in developing Fila's global strategy and assisting key subsidiaries around the world.
According to SBI CEO Tom O'Riordan, the promotion was a "natural" progression for Westerman.
"He has made significant contributions to Fila USA's marketing communication initiatives," O'Riordan said.
"Mark's creativity, strategic mind and passion for excellence will further strengthen Fila's marketing communications department through this exciting global transition."
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack