ITALY: Fila Sells Direct Subsidiaries For $351m
Italian sportswear and athletic shoe giant Fila Holding SpA on Friday announced it had agreed a deal to sell all of its direct subsidiaries, including Fila USA Inc, to Sport Brands International LLC for $351 million. The Biella-based firm said in a news release that Sport Brands is an affiliate of Cerberus, a US-based private investment fund manager, and it expects to close the deal by the end of June with the proceeds reinvested in its communication business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores