ITALY: Fila Signs New License Agreements
In order to take advantage of the growth opportunities in Turkey and India, Fila Holding SpA (NYSE:FLH) has signed new licensing agreements in these countries. In Turkey, Fila will work with Esem Spor Giyim Sanayi (Cankurtaran Holding Group) on footwear and apparel products starting from the spring/summer 2001 season. Esem Spor Giyim Sanayi is the Turkish distributor for many well-known sport brands. It operates in the market through its own chain of sportshops named Sport&Sport, as well as sport stores. Esem Spor will be able to use its successful operations and large investments in production facilities to help make Fila one of the top selling brands in the domestic market. For the Indian market, Fila has entered into a distribution agreement for footwear and a licensing agreement for apparel, with Proline Sportswear Pvt Ltd (a Batra Group company) from 2001. Proline Sportswear Pvt Ltd markets 15 different brands, with products ranging from T-shirts to fitness gear and accessories through its 50 Proline's franchise shops. All the activities will be supervised by Fila's licensing department. Fila expects the development of these new markets to generate additional business under the Fila brand ofaround US$14 million by 2003. The company will be paid royalties under these licensing agreements. Mr Scannavini, chief executive officer of Fila Holding SpA, said: "Fila continues to monitor opportunities in the new emerging markets that may represent an effective way to increase business and enhance its brand image world-wide. We count a lot on the expertise and reputation of our partners to build a strong position in these two markets quickly." Fila Holding SpA, headquartered in Biella (Italy), is a leading designer and marketer of footwear and apparel for sport and free time. The company has created strong brand recognition by marketing products with a high design and style content and by securing professional athletic endorsements.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack