US: Fila takes on PTC product data management software
The sports apparel company has decided to use PTC's web-based product data management and collaboration software, called Windchill, to reduce time-to-market and product costs while improving product quality and information exchange.
Fila, a subsidiary of Sport Brands International (SBI), said the solution enables it to better manage and control access to product data and imagery throughout the supply chain. The PTC agreement is aimed at enhancing Fila's global product development by optimising its supply chain.
Fila vice president of global product and general manager Kristin Kohler said: " As the industry matures, consumer expectations increase in terms of brand and product, as well as the creation of a clear point of difference in the marketplace. Fila's goal in re-positioning the brand in this environment is to align various processes in the organisation to successfully deliver against this challenge.
"The PTC retail, footwear and apparel solution will help us achieve our goals by providing more transparency and collaboration to the product development process, a higher level of product analysis, and a better focus on delivering the right Fila product to the consumer."
Fila will implement PTC's solution for its US, Italian, Hong Kong and Guangdong operations in both the footwear and apparel categories.
PTC provides product lifecycle management (PLM), content management and dynamic publishing solutions to more than 40,000 companies worldwide. PTC customers include manufacturers, publishers, government and life sciences industries.
A business information portal dedicated to PLM (product lifecycle management) software for the fashion and textile industry is being launched by just-style in the New Year....
Accessories footwear marketer RG Barry Corporation has named N Scott Weaver as brand president for its licensed Superga canvas fashion footwear business in North America....
Department store operator Kohl's Corporation is to be the sole US retailer of Mudd branded apparel, accessories and jewellery after signing a multi-year licensing agreement with the line's owner, Icon...
Casual footwear maker Keds has appointed Kristin Kohler Burrows as its new president, with responsibility for helping to reinvigorate the Keds, PRO-Keds and Grasshoppers brands....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey