US: Fila takes on PTC product data management software
The sports apparel company has decided to use PTC's web-based product data management and collaboration software, called Windchill, to reduce time-to-market and product costs while improving product quality and information exchange.
Fila, a subsidiary of Sport Brands International (SBI), said the solution enables it to better manage and control access to product data and imagery throughout the supply chain. The PTC agreement is aimed at enhancing Fila's global product development by optimising its supply chain.
Fila vice president of global product and general manager Kristin Kohler said: " As the industry matures, consumer expectations increase in terms of brand and product, as well as the creation of a clear point of difference in the marketplace. Fila's goal in re-positioning the brand in this environment is to align various processes in the organisation to successfully deliver against this challenge.
"The PTC retail, footwear and apparel solution will help us achieve our goals by providing more transparency and collaboration to the product development process, a higher level of product analysis, and a better focus on delivering the right Fila product to the consumer."
Fila will implement PTC's solution for its US, Italian, Hong Kong and Guangdong operations in both the footwear and apparel categories.
PTC provides product lifecycle management (PLM), content management and dynamic publishing solutions to more than 40,000 companies worldwide. PTC customers include manufacturers, publishers, government and life sciences industries.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
A business information portal dedicated to PLM (product lifecycle management) software for the fashion and textile industry is being launched by just-style in the New Year....
Accessories footwear marketer RG Barry Corporation has named N Scott Weaver as brand president for its licensed Superga canvas fashion footwear business in North America....
Department store operator Kohl's Corporation is to be the sole US retailer of Mudd branded apparel, accessories and jewellery after signing a multi-year licensing agreement with the line's owner, Icon...
Casual footwear maker Keds has appointed Kristin Kohler Burrows as its new president, with responsibility for helping to reinvigorate the Keds, PRO-Keds and Grasshoppers brands....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022