ITMA 2011: Filature Miroglio lifts Newlife profile
Since its launch six months ago, the Newlife eco-friendly line from yarn and filament manufacturer Filature Miroglio has been taken up by fabric producers including Boselli, Gruppo Cinque, Frizza, Serates and Tessitura Corti.
Newlife, which is entirely made from recycled post-consumer bottles sourced in Italy, includes POY, flat, textured, microfibre and hollow section yarns for a range of applications including fashion and sportswear.
Presenting the new yarn at the International exhibition of textile machinery show in Barcelona today (22 September) Filature Miroglio's business unit director Dr Stefano Cochis said: "Newlife is our bet for the future. Today, it is not possible to imagine a competitive textile industry that isn't innovative, sustainable and commercially viable."
A number of brands have already adopted Newlife, including technical cycling wear producer Santini.
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020