US: Filson Holdings sold to Bedrock Manufacturing
Private-equity firm Brentwood Associates is to sell its outdoor wear brand Filson Holdings to Bedrock Manufacturing.
Brentwood said that since acquiring the business, Filson has accelerated product development, grown its direct-to-consumer business by expanding catalogue marketing, launching an award-winning website and implementing innovative e-commerce marketing strategies, and expanded its wholesale distribution among outdoor and premium specialty retailers.
"The Filson management team under Mark Korros' leadership has done a tremendous job executing on the company's growth initiatives," said Brentwood partner Roger Goddu.
"The team has broadened Filson's product offering in core outdoor categories while also expanding the offering of casual apparel, luggage and accessories.
"With a steadfast commitment to Filson's century-old motto of 'Might as Well Have the Best,' we are confident the company will continue to thrive under new ownership."
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"