USA: Financial Roundup
Marisa Christina Incorporated
Marisa Christina Incorporated (Nasdaq: MRSA), which designs, manufactures, sources and markets a broad line of high quality clothing for women and children, reported a 150 per cent improvement for the first quarter ended 31 March 2001. Net income was $236,000 over first quarter 2000 net loss of $476,000. Net sales were $8.7 million compared with $17.6 million in the comparable quarter of 2000, a 50.5% decrease that is attributed to the sale of the Flapdoodles division in December 2000. The first quarter 2000 net sales included $7.1 million from the Flapdoodles division.
Strong sales performances in shoes, hosiery, and men's apparel helped Duckwall-Alco Stores Inc (NASDAQ:DUCK) push up sales for the four weeks ended April 29, 2001 to $31.7 million. This compares with $31.1 million in the year ago period, an increase of 2.0 per cent. Same store sales were $30.6 million, up 1.3 per cent. For the thirteen weeks ended April 29, 2001, sales were $91.8 million, an increase of 0.8 per cent over sales of $91.1 million last year. Same store sales were $88.4 million, down 0.3 percent.
Cygne Designs Inc
Cygne Designs Inc (OTC BB:CYDS.OB), a private label manufacturer of women's career and casual apparel, announced net sales for the fourth quarter ended 3 February 2001 of $8,143,000 - an increase of $ 2,271,000 or 39 per cent from the fourth quarter of 1999. The increase in sales for the fourth quarter of 2000 compared to the comparable period in 1999 was partially attributable to increased sales to The Limited Inc and trial orders with new customers. The Limited Inc accounted for 87 per cent of the sales for the fourth quarter of 2000 compared to 100 per cent in the comparable period in 1999.
Florsheim Group Inc
Florsheim Group Inc (NASDAQ SmallCap: FLSC) has reported a net loss for the first quarter ended March 31, 2001 of $2,692,000 or $0.32 per share compared to a net loss of $2,477,000 or $0.29 per share in the first quarter of 2000. On a pro-forma basis, the company reported a loss from operations of $564,000 for the first quarter of this year versus a loss of $459,000 for the same quarter a year ago. Net sales were $50.1 million, compared to $56.2 million for the comparable 2000 period.
The First Years Inc
The First Years Inc (Nasdaq: KIDD), a marketer of products for infants and toddlers, reported first quarter net sales of $33,785,140 - compared with $36,762,253 in the same period of 2000. Net income was $2,376,915 compared with $3,011,533 in the corresponding quarter last year. Per share earnings were $0.26 compared with $0.31 in 2000. The company attributed the falls to a weak economy, retail cautiousness, and some shifting of new product pipeline orders to later in the year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Britain’s Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trad
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022