BANGLADESH: Finery & Rhymer boosts production with IE system
Garment producer Finery & Rhymer Apparel has used SewEasy Industrial Engineering (IE) software to boost production at its plant in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The company said the software had helped boost profits from its exports of shirts, blouses and jackets to the UK and other markets.
Using SewEasy workload estimation at each sewing machine, accuracy was improved, leading to 10% higher daily output from most machine operators.
Meanwhile, improved workflow within the sewing lines led to a further 10% improvement in productivity over the last three months, Finery & Rhymer said.
The IE system was installed in August 2013, with advanced training provided to the company’s IE team in November.
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"
- New loan deal to help upgrade Bangladesh factories
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards