BANGLADESH: Finery & Rhymer boosts production with IE system
Garment producer Finery & Rhymer Apparel has used SewEasy Industrial Engineering (IE) software to boost production at its plant in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The company said the software had helped boost profits from its exports of shirts, blouses and jackets to the UK and other markets.
Using SewEasy workload estimation at each sewing machine, accuracy was improved, leading to 10% higher daily output from most machine operators.
Meanwhile, improved workflow within the sewing lines led to a further 10% improvement in productivity over the last three months, Finery & Rhymer said.
The IE system was installed in August 2013, with advanced training provided to the company’s IE team in November.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies