BANGLADESH: Finery & Rhymer boosts production with IE system
Garment producer Finery & Rhymer Apparel has used SewEasy Industrial Engineering (IE) software to boost production at its plant in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The company said the software had helped boost profits from its exports of shirts, blouses and jackets to the UK and other markets.
Using SewEasy workload estimation at each sewing machine, accuracy was improved, leading to 10% higher daily output from most machine operators.
Meanwhile, improved workflow within the sewing lines led to a further 10% improvement in productivity over the last three months, Finery & Rhymer said.
The IE system was installed in August 2013, with advanced training provided to the company’s IE team in November.
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019