US Q1 in brief: Finish Line, Cherokee, Destination Maternity
First-quarter revenue forecasts for US apparel retailers fared far worse than earnings expectations. The Finish Line said it got off to a "solid start" with double-digit profit growth, and Cherokee was pleased with a "strong" quarter, despite some headwinds. Elsewhere, Urban Outfitters revealed a mixed quarter, while Men's Wearhouse booked record sales but a decline in earnings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth