US: Finish Line chief digital officer steps down
The Finish Line was forced to shutter its new e-commerce site last month
Christopher Ladd, chief digital officer and executive vice president at The Finish Line, has resigned from the sportswear retailer - a month after it was forced to shutter its new e-commerce website.
The Finish Line swung to a third-quarter loss last month after customers responded less favourably than expected to its new e-commerce site.
The group posted a net loss of US$107,000 over the quarter to 1 December against a profit of $5.5m the same period the prior year.
Commenting on the results last month, chairman and CEO Glenn Lyon said: "Following our recent challenges, we have taken immediate actions to improve near-term results.
"This includes reverting back to our previous e-commerce site, implementing cost controls that allow us to better manage expenses, and elevating the assortment of key basketball products in our stores and online."
The retailer is conducting a search for Ladd's successor.
Sportswear retailer The Finish Line has seen its first-quarter profit more than halve after increased costs related to the launch of its business in Macy's department stores offset higher sales....
Steve Schneider, president and chief operating officer at sportswear retailer The Finish Line, will move to the role of executive vice president of strategic initiatives next month....
Shoe Carnival has named Kent Zimmerman as its new vice president of e-commerce as the value-price footwear and accessories retailer looks to drive online growth....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- TAL Group improves pre-production efficiency
- Philippines gets go-head for EU GSP+ benefits
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details