US: Finish Line chief digital officer steps down
The Finish Line was forced to shutter its new e-commerce site last month
Christopher Ladd, chief digital officer and executive vice president at The Finish Line, has resigned from the sportswear retailer - a month after it was forced to shutter its new e-commerce website.
The Finish Line swung to a third-quarter loss last month after customers responded less favourably than expected to its new e-commerce site.
The group posted a net loss of US$107,000 over the quarter to 1 December against a profit of $5.5m the same period the prior year.
Commenting on the results last month, chairman and CEO Glenn Lyon said: "Following our recent challenges, we have taken immediate actions to improve near-term results.
"This includes reverting back to our previous e-commerce site, implementing cost controls that allow us to better manage expenses, and elevating the assortment of key basketball products in our stores and online."
The retailer is conducting a search for Ladd's successor.
Sportswear retailer The Finish Line has seen its first-quarter profit more than halve after increased costs related to the launch of its business in Macy's department stores offset higher sales....
Steve Schneider, president and chief operating officer at sportswear retailer The Finish Line, will move to the role of executive vice president of strategic initiatives next month....
Shoe Carnival has named Kent Zimmerman as its new vice president of e-commerce as the value-price footwear and accessories retailer looks to drive online growth....
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam