US: Finish Line chief digital officer steps down
The Finish Line was forced to shutter its new e-commerce site last month
Christopher Ladd, chief digital officer and executive vice president at The Finish Line, has resigned from the sportswear retailer - a month after it was forced to shutter its new e-commerce website.
The Finish Line swung to a third-quarter loss last month after customers responded less favourably than expected to its new e-commerce site.
The group posted a net loss of US$107,000 over the quarter to 1 December against a profit of $5.5m the same period the prior year.
Commenting on the results last month, chairman and CEO Glenn Lyon said: "Following our recent challenges, we have taken immediate actions to improve near-term results.
"This includes reverting back to our previous e-commerce site, implementing cost controls that allow us to better manage expenses, and elevating the assortment of key basketball products in our stores and online."
The retailer is conducting a search for Ladd's successor.
Sportswear retailer The Finish Line has seen its first-quarter profit more than halve after increased costs related to the launch of its business in Macy's department stores offset higher sales....
Steve Schneider, president and chief operating officer at sportswear retailer The Finish Line, will move to the role of executive vice president of strategic initiatives next month....
Shoe Carnival has named Kent Zimmerman as its new vice president of e-commerce as the value-price footwear and accessories retailer looks to drive online growth....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies