US: Finish Line chief digital officer steps down
The Finish Line was forced to shutter its new e-commerce site last month
Christopher Ladd, chief digital officer and executive vice president at The Finish Line, has resigned from the sportswear retailer - a month after it was forced to shutter its new e-commerce website.
The Finish Line swung to a third-quarter loss last month after customers responded less favourably than expected to its new e-commerce site.
The group posted a net loss of US$107,000 over the quarter to 1 December against a profit of $5.5m the same period the prior year.
Commenting on the results last month, chairman and CEO Glenn Lyon said: "Following our recent challenges, we have taken immediate actions to improve near-term results.
"This includes reverting back to our previous e-commerce site, implementing cost controls that allow us to better manage expenses, and elevating the assortment of key basketball products in our stores and online."
The retailer is conducting a search for Ladd's successor.
Sportswear retailer The Finish Line has seen its first-quarter profit more than halve after increased costs related to the launch of its business in Macy's department stores offset higher sales....
Steve Schneider, president and chief operating officer at sportswear retailer The Finish Line, will move to the role of executive vice president of strategic initiatives next month....
Shoe Carnival has named Kent Zimmerman as its new vice president of e-commerce as the value-price footwear and accessories retailer looks to drive online growth....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis