US: Finish Line chief digital officer steps down
The Finish Line was forced to shutter its new e-commerce site last month
Christopher Ladd, chief digital officer and executive vice president at The Finish Line, has resigned from the sportswear retailer - a month after it was forced to shutter its new e-commerce website.
The Finish Line swung to a third-quarter loss last month after customers responded less favourably than expected to its new e-commerce site.
The group posted a net loss of US$107,000 over the quarter to 1 December against a profit of $5.5m the same period the prior year.
Commenting on the results last month, chairman and CEO Glenn Lyon said: "Following our recent challenges, we have taken immediate actions to improve near-term results.
"This includes reverting back to our previous e-commerce site, implementing cost controls that allow us to better manage expenses, and elevating the assortment of key basketball products in our stores and online."
The retailer is conducting a search for Ladd's successor.
Sportswear retailer The Finish Line has seen its first-quarter profit more than halve after increased costs related to the launch of its business in Macy's department stores offset higher sales....
Steve Schneider, president and chief operating officer at sportswear retailer The Finish Line, will move to the role of executive vice president of strategic initiatives next month....
Shoe Carnival has named Kent Zimmerman as its new vice president of e-commerce as the value-price footwear and accessories retailer looks to drive online growth....
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead