US: Finish Line hires Beidler as SVP of store operations
US sportswear retailer The Finish Line has appointed Greg Beidler as senior vice president of store operations.
Beidler joins the company from retail giant Wal-Mart, where he most recently served as regional operations director for its Sam's Club division.
"Greg has consistently shown that he puts the customer at the centre of everything he does," said Mike Marchetti, executive vice president of store operations for Finish Line.
"This matches Finish Line's goal to drive a customer-centric culture by ensuring that strategies, processes, communications and rewards help deliver premium customer service."
Generally, 2013 is seen as being another challenging year for the apparel industry - although there is cautious optimism for an improved business environment. Issues such as compliance, sustainability...
Wal-Mart Brazil: Consumer Profile is the result of Canadean’s extensive online consumer survey Wal-Mart in Brazil, presenting uniquely detailed data on Wal-Mart’s end-consumers. It provides retailer p...
Opportunities the apparel industry should focus on this year include developing strategic relationships to improve flexibility across the supply chain; a focus on adding value through design, innovati...
Global Retailing industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contai...
What should apparel firms have learnt from the upheaval of the past couple of years - and what should they be doing now if they want to remain competitive into the future? They need to remain nimble e...
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organizations are tagging apparel in t...
Uncertainty is perhaps the biggest challenge facing the apparel industry in 2013. The economic situation in Europe and the US, a combination of rising production costs and flat prices, the pressure to...
Has the Bangladesh Fire and Building Safety Agreement (BFBSA) campaign struggled to make a mark? In his most recent Flanarant column, which was published on just-style on Friday (1 February), Mike Fla...
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects