US: Finish Line hires Beidler as SVP of store operations
US sportswear retailer The Finish Line has appointed Greg Beidler as senior vice president of store operations.
Beidler joins the company from retail giant Wal-Mart, where he most recently served as regional operations director for its Sam's Club division.
"Greg has consistently shown that he puts the customer at the centre of everything he does," said Mike Marchetti, executive vice president of store operations for Finish Line.
"This matches Finish Line's goal to drive a customer-centric culture by ensuring that strategies, processes, communications and rewards help deliver premium customer service."
Generally, 2013 is seen as being another challenging year for the apparel industry - although there is cautious optimism for an improved business environment. Issues such as compliance, sustainability...
Opportunities the apparel industry should focus on this year include developing strategic relationships to improve flexibility across the supply chain; a focus on adding value through design, innovati...
What should apparel firms have learnt from the upheaval of the past couple of years - and what should they be doing now if they want to remain competitive into the future? They need to remain nimble e...
Uncertainty is perhaps the biggest challenge facing the apparel industry in 2013. The economic situation in Europe and the US, a combination of rising production costs and flat prices, the pressure to...
Has the Bangladesh Fire and Building Safety Agreement (BFBSA) campaign struggled to make a mark? In his most recent Flanarant column, which was published on just-style on Friday (1 February), Mike Fla...
Performance apparel and footwear maker Under Armour attributed its fourth-quarter profit growth to innovation and product expansion - and said this focus on innovation is set to continue in 2013....
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields