Finish Line promotes Sato to CEO
US athletic apparel and footwear retailer The Finish Line has promoted its president, Sam Sato, as its new CEO.
Effective 28 February, Sato will replace Glenn Lyon, who will serve as executive chairman until the end of the calendar year. At the beginning of 2017, Lyon will transition to the role of non-executive chairman of the board.
Sato, who joined The Finish Line in March 2007 as executive vice president and chief merchandising officer, has served as president since October 2014.
Lyon said of the move: "I am confident Sam will lead Finish Line boldly into the future as he truly understands the importance of serving the customer in an omnichannel world."
Separately, the company swung to a net loss during its third quarter, weighed down by disruption in its supply chain following the implementation of a new warehouse and order management system.
The Finish Line also revealed it is to close up to 150 stores, or 25% of its store base, over the next four years.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US apparel retailer The Children's Place has upped its full-year earnings and sales guidance thanks to consistent execution of the company's long-term strategic growth initiatives....
Branded apparel and accessories maker G-III Apparel Group has cut its full-year outlook - blaming unseasonably warm weather, lower traffic, and lower sales particularly at its Wilsons and GH Bass reta...
Apparel and accessories business Kate Spade has remained silent over reports it is exploring a sale of the company, as allegations surface over potential insider trading....
US retail giant Sears Holdings has secured a US$500m lifeline to stay afloat just a day after it had reportedly announced plans to initiate yet another round of store closures in early 2017....
US apparel business Perry Ellis International has inked a licensing deal with Euroneck, S.A. de CV for the design and distribution of men's accessories in Mexico....
In the most recent third-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Sears Holdings remained optimistic despite widening its net losses, while Vince Holding blamed challenging c...
Athletic footwear and apparel retailer The Finish Line has broken its silence on reports that it is looking for a buyer for its JackRabbit speciality running-shoe stores - and has confirmed it is curr...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts