US: Finish Line Q4 profit up in "transformative" year
- Q4 profit of US$42.8m versus $33.5m
- Sales up 17.2% to $518.9m
- Comparable store sales increase 6.3%
A 27.7% hike in fourth-quarter net profit for US athletic apparel and footwear retailer The Finish Line marked a great end to a "transformative" year.
"The successful execution of our consumer centric omni-channel strategy drove solid gains in our core business while growth initiatives contributed meaningfully to our record full year revenue and profits," said chairman and CEO Glenn Lyon.
During the 52 weeks to 1 March, The Finish Line saw net income rise 8.5% to $75.1m, while net sales grew 15.7% to $1.67bn.
"We have a clear vision for building on our strong market position through innovative product, superior service, and effective consumer engagements," Lyon added.
"With that vision and our strong team, we move forward optimistic about our near and long-term growth prospects."
The company expects fiscal 2015 earnings per share to increase in the high single to low double digit range, and comparable store sales to be up mid single digits.
Shoe maker Skechers USA has hit back at a negative analyst report suggesting its sales are decelerating, arguing that the data had been "misinterpreted"....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic Footwear (Aerobic, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre