US: Finish Line Q4 profit up in "transformative" year
- Q4 profit of US$42.8m versus $33.5m
- Sales up 17.2% to $518.9m
- Comparable store sales increase 6.3%
A 27.7% hike in fourth-quarter net profit for US athletic apparel and footwear retailer The Finish Line marked a great end to a "transformative" year.
"The successful execution of our consumer centric omni-channel strategy drove solid gains in our core business while growth initiatives contributed meaningfully to our record full year revenue and profits," said chairman and CEO Glenn Lyon.
During the 52 weeks to 1 March, The Finish Line saw net income rise 8.5% to $75.1m, while net sales grew 15.7% to $1.67bn.
"We have a clear vision for building on our strong market position through innovative product, superior service, and effective consumer engagements," Lyon added.
"With that vision and our strong team, we move forward optimistic about our near and long-term growth prospects."
The company expects fiscal 2015 earnings per share to increase in the high single to low double digit range, and comparable store sales to be up mid single digits.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic Footwear (Aerobic, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-...
Trade ministers from the 12 nations participating in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) continue to insist the talks are making progress, but admit issues remain....
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Philippines garment sector upbeat over EU GSP+
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead