US: Finish Line Q4 profit up in "transformative" year
- Q4 profit of US$42.8m versus $33.5m
- Sales up 17.2% to $518.9m
- Comparable store sales increase 6.3%
A 27.7% hike in fourth-quarter net profit for US athletic apparel and footwear retailer The Finish Line marked a great end to a "transformative" year.
"The successful execution of our consumer centric omni-channel strategy drove solid gains in our core business while growth initiatives contributed meaningfully to our record full year revenue and profits," said chairman and CEO Glenn Lyon.
During the 52 weeks to 1 March, The Finish Line saw net income rise 8.5% to $75.1m, while net sales grew 15.7% to $1.67bn.
"We have a clear vision for building on our strong market position through innovative product, superior service, and effective consumer engagements," Lyon added.
"With that vision and our strong team, we move forward optimistic about our near and long-term growth prospects."
The company expects fiscal 2015 earnings per share to increase in the high single to low double digit range, and comparable store sales to be up mid single digits.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details