US: Finish Line, UBS to appeal Genesco acquisition?
According to Associated Press, the two companies have filed documents in Nashville Chancery Court arguing that a successful appeal could make a separate lawsuit, due to take place in New York on 3 March, unnecessary.
UBS, which agreed to finance most of the buyout, wants to get out of the deal because it believes the merged company would become insolvent.
Also casting a shadow over the deal is the fact that Finish Line's commitment letter from UBS expires on 30 April, and it is likely to be hard to find other banks to finance the purchase after then.
However, a ruling in Nashville in December said the agreement should go ahead since Finish Line and UBS were aware of the state of the apparel industry when they embarked on the $54.50-per-share purchase.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Athletic footwear and apparel retailer The Finish Line Inc has swung to a first quarter profit after tight control of its inventory and a focus on premium lines helped raise product margins and sellin...
US footwear retailer Genesco has announced that Robert J Dennis will take over as chief executive at the company from 1 August....
Compensation from the long drawn-out and failed takeover bid by Finish Line has helped shoe, hat and accessories retailer Genesco Inc to a huge gain in first quarter profit....
Nike and The Finish Line have opened a new concept store called Finish Line Ltd in the US for young running and training athletes....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar