ISRAEL: Fire Damages Tefron Sewing Plant In Jordan
Seamless underwear maker Tefron Ltd on Tuesday said shipment of some goods may be delayed after a fire damaged its main sewing plant in Jordan.
The company, whose customers include Victoria's Secret, Target, Warnaco/Calvin Klein, The Gap, Banana Republic, Nike, Mervyn's, Patagonia and Adidas, said the fire resulted in loss of inventory and raw materials, and damage to plant and machinery.
Production is now being transferred to other facilities.
Tefron expects that its insurance policies will cover most of the losses resulting from the fire.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Sportswear major Adidas says that India is on track to overtake Malaysia as its number one Southeast Asian market....
Gap has announced that in addition to its 18 Gap stores to be opened in Japan this year it will open five Banana Republic stores in Tokyo....
Sportswear giant Adidas has signed a $26.67 million deal with The University of Kansas to kit out all of its teams for the next eight years, signalling the end of a long-lasting agreement with Nike, w...
Apparel giant Gap Inc has announced that its new women's retail division will be called Forth & Towne, alongside revealing a number of strategic growth initiatives....
Apparel giant Gap Inc has named Cynthia Harriss, currently president of Gap Inc Outlet, as new president of the Gap brand....
Nike Inc, the world's biggest athletic apparel maker, has started selling shoes in Wal-Mart under its new Starter brand....
Sportswear giant Adidas and the Boston Athletic Association have agreed a deal allowing adidas to display its logo on the official race bibs of the Boston Marathon....
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar