US: Firms caught smuggling unsafe children's products
Three Florida-based corporations and their management have been sentenced for smuggling counterfeit Disney, Marvel and major league baseball merchandise from China.
The violations also included trafficking toys containing lead and other banned hazardous substances, as well as small parts, and submitting a false label country of origin.
According to the Department of Justice, the defendants sold and distributed children's products imported from China from April 2000 through May 2011.
The products violated the Consumer Product Safety Act (CPSA) and the Federal Hazardous Substances Act, and were imported by means of false statements on custom declaration forms.
The companies involved were LM Import-Export, Lam's Investment Corp, and LK Toys Corporation.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Waterless dyes, textiles that clean themselves and new 3D printing filaments: the only thing missing this year was spray on clothing....
Campaign groups and unions are renewing calls for meaningful compensation for victims of the Tazreen Fashions factory fire - almost one year after the blaze killed at least 112 people....
An initiative to promote workplace safety and health in Pakistan's factories was launched last week, more than a year after the Ali Enterprises garment factory burnt down with the loss of 260 lives....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective