PORTUGAL: Firms Export Socks Worth $44m To Germany
Portuguese textile manufacturers exported socks to Germany worth almost 51 million euros ($44.4m) during 2000, a survey by the Portuguese Centre for Applied Textile Studies has revealed. That figure made it the third biggest exporter of socks to Germany with an 8.1 per cent share of the market, behind leaders Italy with a 20 per cent share valued at 127.2m euros ($111m), and Turkey with a 15.6 per cent share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands