INDIA: First fMM&T fair hailed a success
The new Footwear Materials, Manufacturing & Technology (fMM&T) fair in India has reported upbeat results after wrapping up its first-ever event on 10 May.
Event managers APLF and UBM India said it signalled optimism for the footwear and leather industries.
"We are extremely pleased with the response. The success of this exhibition is a clear indication of the fundamental strength of the Indian economy," said Michael Duck, director of APLF Ltd.
BD Bhaiya, president of IFCOMA, said:"The Indian component manufacturers are vital to the positive development of the US$5bn footwear industry.
"The overwhelming success of fMM&T India 2009 is a vote of confidence in the Indian footwear manufacturing industry".
The three-day event, which was held in New Delhi, attracted 3,249 buyers from 16 countries including China, India, Italy, Taiwan the UAE and USA.
Making up the buyer profiles were manufacturers of footwear, leather garments, handbags, small leather goods, travelware, designers, brand owners, importers and exporters, distributors of leather materials and product developers, a statement said.
The event saw 140 exhibitors from leather manufacturing countries and regions including Brazil, China, Hong Kong, India, Italy, UAE, Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand and USA, and also featured international pavilions from Taiwan and Spain.
The second edition of fMM&T will take place on 7-9 May 2010, again at India Expo Centre, Greater Noida, New Delhi.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack