TURKEY: First H&M store set to open
Fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz is making its first foray into the Turkish market with the opening of a store in Istanbul.
The 2,300sq m store, set to open in November 2010, is located in Forum Istanbul, described by the Swedish retailer as one of the largest shopping centres in the country.
H&M CEO Karl-Johan Persson said of Turkey: “It is an interesting market with a large, young and fashion-conscious population, which offers great potential for future expansion.”
With the rapidly escalating use of RFID at all levels of the supply chain, there are literally hundreds of shapes and sizes of tags and readers - not to mention software and associated electronic syst...
No sooner was the ink dry on the yesterday's announcement of a $3bn takeover deal at apparel retailer J Crew, than a flurry of shareholders began to question whether enough efforts had been made to ac...
Customs officials in Pakistan have seized five containers of polyester printed fabrics, poly/cotton sheets and bathrobes worth more than PKR31m (US$362,000) for evading duty payments....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Eight UK-based designers with potential for significant international growth have been shortlisted for funding to help make the transition to a global fashion brand....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024