TURKEY: First H&M store set to open
Fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz is making its first foray into the Turkish market with the opening of a store in Istanbul.
The 2,300sq m store, set to open in November 2010, is located in Forum Istanbul, described by the Swedish retailer as one of the largest shopping centres in the country.
H&M CEO Karl-Johan Persson said of Turkey: “It is an interesting market with a large, young and fashion-conscious population, which offers great potential for future expansion.”
With the rapidly escalating use of RFID at all levels of the supply chain, there are literally hundreds of shapes and sizes of tags and readers - not to mention software and associated electronic syst...
No sooner was the ink dry on the yesterday's announcement of a $3bn takeover deal at apparel retailer J Crew, than a flurry of shareholders began to question whether enough efforts had been made to ac...
Customs officials in Pakistan have seized five containers of polyester printed fabrics, poly/cotton sheets and bathrobes worth more than PKR31m (US$362,000) for evading duty payments....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Eight UK-based designers with potential for significant international growth have been shortlisted for funding to help make the transition to a global fashion brand....
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019