TURKEY: First H&M store set to open
Fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz is making its first foray into the Turkish market with the opening of a store in Istanbul.
The 2,300sq m store, set to open in November 2010, is located in Forum Istanbul, described by the Swedish retailer as one of the largest shopping centres in the country.
H&M CEO Karl-Johan Persson said of Turkey: “It is an interesting market with a large, young and fashion-conscious population, which offers great potential for future expansion.”
With the rapidly escalating use of RFID at all levels of the supply chain, there are literally hundreds of shapes and sizes of tags and readers - not to mention software and associated electronic syst...
No sooner was the ink dry on the yesterday's announcement of a $3bn takeover deal at apparel retailer J Crew, than a flurry of shareholders began to question whether enough efforts had been made to ac...
Customs officials in Pakistan have seized five containers of polyester printed fabrics, poly/cotton sheets and bathrobes worth more than PKR31m (US$362,000) for evading duty payments....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Eight UK-based designers with potential for significant international growth have been shortlisted for funding to help make the transition to a global fashion brand....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies