US: First Piperlime retail store to open in US
Gap Inc-owned online retailer Piperlime has announced it will open its first retail store this autumn in the US.
The 4,000 square foot store in New York City will offer similar products as online with brands including Milly, Frye and Citizens of Humanity.
"Our customers have been asking for a place where they can experience Piperlime in person, and New York is the perfect location for this," said Piperlime senior vice president and general manager Jennifer Gosselin.
"Since introducing Piperlime in 2006, we've built a loyal following of fashion-involved women looking for a mix of the best styles from the brands they love and the new ones they discover. Our SoHo location will offer an edited assortment, giving customers the right amount of everything in a refreshing setting," Gosselin added.
US retailers have yet to weigh up the full impact of Hurricane Sandy, which hit the US East coast earlier this week between the back-to-school spending rush and the all-important shopping fest that li...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' October 2012 sales results....
A strong end to the back-to-school shopping season contributed to the solid sales results rung up by many US clothing and footwear retailers in September - but economic and political uncertainty conti...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' September 2012 sales results....
US apparel giant Gap Inc has today (1 November) posted a 4% increase in comparable sales during October on the back of growth at its North American businesses....
US clothing retailer Gap Inc has reiterated its commitment to buying garments from Bangladesh and working with stakeholders including vendors to improve building and fire safety standards across the c...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
US clothing giant Gap Inc has extended its e-commerce reach by launching two online stores in Japan....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack