USA: Fisher-Price Develops Children's Apparel Line
Toy brand Fisher-Price is to build on its share of the infants and pre-school market by designing and manufacturing its own complete line of children's apparel. The collection will be available via a consumer catalog and website.Neil Friedman, president of Fisher-Price Brands, said: "Fisher-Price clothes are everyday apparel that will make children - and their parents - feel special."He continued: "We have an enviable team of apparel designers and merchandise managers working on the Fisher-Price Childrenswear collection, all of whom have impressive backgrounds and a passion for the product."The company has tapped into product managers from Lands End, Ralph Lauren and The Pleasant Company to form the Fisher-Price Apparel team. In addition, Andrea Rachles, creator of the trend-setting Nini Bambini children's wear, is leading the design direction for the line."We really wanted our children's clothing to celebrate early childhood rather than emulate junior styles. The line lets parents savor those early years with fun and whimsical clothing that is adorable and distinctive. Families will enjoy the entire shopping experience, from the time they sit down with our beautiful catalog, to the very moment when they open their carefully packaged selection to find a truly precious outfit."According to the company, each article of clothing will combine superior quality with timeless appeal. The collection will include over 75 items, from shoes to layette, infant wear, clothes for little girls and boys, backpacks and outerwear. The entire childrenswear line will also be offered via Web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts