HONG KONG: Five directors exit Gieves & Hawkes
Gieves & Hawkes has today (25 May) confirmed that five of its directors have left the company, a month after upmarket tailor was acquired by Hong Kong based Trinity Ltd.
A spokesperson for the company told just-style the directors who have departed are Andrew Merriman, Tom Scruby, Ka Lee, Christopher Langley and Christopher Cheng Wai-Chee.
A spokesperson for the company said Lee, Langley and Wai-Chee were representatives on the board of the previous owners of Gieves & Hawkes - Wing Tai Properties. Scruby was due to retire, while Merriman's "expertise overlapped" with Trinity, since the Gieves & Hawkes was acquired. "This was a mutual agreement," the spokesperson added.
Last month, Gieves & Hawkes was acquired by Hong Kong based Trinity Ltd, part of global sourcing giant Li & Fung, for GBP92.5m (US$147.6m). The deal involved an initial payment of GBP32.5m, and then up to a further GBP60m in annual earn-out payments depending on its performance in the next 18 years.
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung has remained coy on speculation it is in talks to acquire South Korean children's apparel manufacturer Suhyang Networks....
A group of buyers representing some 20 global brands and retailers is this week visiting Bangladesh as part of a wider regional tour to explore sourcing alternatives to China....
Fashion retailer Esprit and its sourcing agent Li & Fung have been targeted by protesters in Hong Kong, Turkey and Thailand in a series of demonstrations accusing them of failing to pay wages and seve...
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung is to issue US dollar bonds to raise funds for "strategic acquisitions and business development", the company said....
Top stories on just-style this week include reports Li & Fung is in advanced talks to buy Synergies Worldwide, a look at the latest list of goods produced in countries that are suspected of using chil...
Sourcing giant Li & Fung has appointed former Citigroup investment banker Ed Lam as its chief financial officer to develop the group's growth and acquisition strategy....
Apparel and consumer goods supplier Li & Fung is in advanced talks to acquire apparel sourcing agent Synergies Worldwide, according to reports....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020